By now, many of you have probably heard about Sweden’s Twitter account, @sweden, which the New York Times describes as “a government initiative that entrusts the country’s Twitter account to a new citizen every seven days.” The article is reported from “Trollhattan,” which gives you a taste of the type of unintentional humor (and trolling) that has been spewing from the twitter account that represents the Scandanavian country.
This past week, the tweets have been curated by Sonja, an unemployed 27-year-old mother of two who is either a twitter genius, a glib racist, or just a troll. Gawker compiled her crazy Jew tweets earlier this week, and I’ve been following her with fascination ever since.
Here are my top 10 favorite twitter sequences, brought to you by @sweden:
10. That really popular phrase, “Blame it on the Boogie:”
9. That time she ordered a uterus online and ate it for dinner:
8. When she made that totally unnecessary mind-jump from Snow White to Se7en, and created the “knife dildo:”
7. The in-depth discourse on the art of Breastfolding:
6. That time she compared her day to the Nuremberg Trials:
5. Dolphin rapists and Hitler. Yes, that is what she said:
4. That time she took a pic of Freddie Mercury and photoshopped him in with strawberries, and paired it with the most offensive and unnecessary caption in the world:
3. That time she called out someone else for being racist, by being racist:
2. The time she said: “Sometimes I just look at my children and think about the time when they had my vagina round their neck.”
Here, read it again: